Founded by Dr. Martin B. Leon, the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) conference, is the Cardiovascular Research Foundation's (CRF) annual scientific symposium and the world's foremost educational forum specializing in interventional cardiovascular medicine. Debuting as a small gathering of 150 in 1988, TCT now attracts more than 10,000 attendees from more than 100 countries. Every year, TCT features major medical research breakthroughs and gathers leading researchers and clinicians from around the world to present and discuss the latest evidence-based research.
Professional Practice Gap and Educational Need
Interventional cardiovascular medicine is one of the most rapidly evolving fields of medicine. It started with balloon angioplasty for coronary artery disease. Now, it has expanded into a multidisciplinary subspecialty to include coronary intervention (now including complex PCI — percutaneous coronary intervention — and primary PCI of patients presenting with myocardial infarction), endovascular intervention (now including renal denervation and treatment of patients with pulmonary embolism), and structural heart disease intervention (now including treatment of valvular diseases, congenital heart disease, and heart failure), as well as the supporting disciplines of invasive and noninvasive imaging and physiology.
New techniques and devices for each of these disciplines are developed annually along with evidence supporting their use. To remain current, practitioners of one or more of these disciplines must update both their technical skills as well as the latest scientific evidence regarding when and how to use these devices to treat their patients.
In addition, practitioners may choose to learn a new discipline. TCT is designed to be an encyclopedic conference, covering everything that falls within the purview of interventional cardiovascular medicine, focusing on state-of-the art therapies and especially the most recently developed devices, techniques, and procedures. To do this, TCT incorporates the latest science (late-breaking science and trials, plenary lectures, and abstracts), live and taped case demonstrations, presentation and discussion of unusual and complex cases, hands-on workshops, and limitless opportunities for learning and networking with peers and key opinion leaders from around the globe.
By the end of the symposium, participants should be able to:
- Incorporate new interventional technologies and procedures into the care of patients with complex coronary, structural heart, and endovascular disease.
- Apply the results from important clinical trials and evidence-based medicine to guide best practices in the management of patients with coronary artery disease, structural heart disease, and peripheral vascular disease.
- Integrate advances in non-invasive diagnostic evaluation and therapeutics in the upstream care of patients being considered for interventional procedures.
- Integrate advances in invasive diagnostic evaluation during interventional procedures.
- Identify new and innovative interventional technologies and propose appropriate applications for emerging treatments of patients with cardiovascular disease.
Target Audience: Who Should Attend TCT 2023?
TCT 2023 is designed for a multidisciplinary audience that includes anyone interested in interventional cardiovascular medicine. This includes:
- Interventional cardiologists.
- Clinical cardiologists.
- Cardiac imaging specialists.
- Cardiac and vascular surgeons.
- Cath lab technicians and technologists.
- Fellows in interventional cardiovascular medicine and related fields.
- Heart failure specialists.
- Medical device experts.
- Nurse practitioners.
- Physician assistants.
- Research scientists.
- Vascular medicine specialists.