Continuing Medical Education at TCT 2023
TCT 2023 is CME-accredited for participants who attend in person.
Earn CME credit in these accredited learning locations:
- Coronary Spotlight
- Structural Spotlight
- Endovascular Spotlight
- Nurse and Technologist Symposium
Interventional cardiovascular medicine is one of the most rapidly evolving fields of medicine. It started with balloon angioplasty for coronary artery disease. Now, it has expanded into a multidisciplinary subspecialty to include coronary intervention (now including complex PCI — percutaneous coronary intervention — and primary PCI of patients presenting with myocardial infarction), endovascular intervention (now including renal denervation and treatment of patients with pulmonary embolism), and structural heart disease intervention (now including treatment of valvular diseases, congenital heart disease, and heart failure), as well as the supporting disciplines of invasive and noninvasive imaging and physiology.
New techniques and devices for each of these disciplines are developed annually along with evidence supporting their use. To remain current, practitioners of one or more of these disciplines must update both their technical skills as well as the latest scientific evidence regarding when and how to use these devices to treat their patients.
In addition, practitioners may choose to learn a new discipline. TCT is designed to be an encyclopedic conference, covering everything that falls within the purview of interventional cardiovascular medicine, focusing on state-of-the art therapies and especially the most recently developed devices, techniques, and procedures. To do this, TCT incorporates the latest science (late-breaking science and trials, plenary lectures, and abstracts), live and taped case demonstrations, presentation and discussion of unusual and complex cases, hands-on workshops, and limitless opportunities for learning and networking with peers and key opinion leaders from around the globe.
By the end of the symposium, participants should be able to:
- Incorporate new interventional technologies and procedures into the care of patients with complex coronary, structural heart, and endovascular disease.
- Apply the results from important clinical trials and evidence-based medicine to guide best practices in the management of patients with coronary artery disease, structural heart disease, and peripheral vascular disease.
- Integrate advances in non-invasive diagnostic evaluation and therapeutics in the upstream care of patients being considered for interventional procedures.
- Integrate advances in invasive diagnostic evaluation during interventional procedures.
- Identify new and innovative interventional technologies and propose appropriate applications for emerging treatments of patients with cardiovascular disease.
TCT 2023 is designed for a multidisciplinary audience that includes anyone interested in interventional cardiovascular medicine. This includes:
- Interventional cardiologists.
- Clinical cardiologists.
- Cardiac imaging specialists.
- Cardiac and vascular surgeons.
- Cath lab technicians and technologists.
- Fellows in interventional cardiovascular medicine and related fields.
- Heart failure specialists.
- Medical device experts.
- Nurse practitioners.
- Physician assistants.
- Research scientists.
- Vascular medicine specialists.
In accordance with the appropriate accrediting bodies, all planners, teachers, and authors with control over activity content are required to disclose to the provider any relevant financial relationships within the last 24 months with ineligible companies. Accredited providers are required to provide this information to learners before the start of an activity.
Discussion of off-label product usage during live cases is made at the sole discretion of the faculty. Off-label product discussion and usage are not endorsed by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation or the conference directors of this activity.
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (CME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 27.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for physicians. Physicians can claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Documentation of awarded credit is provided for registered attendees in exchange for completed activity evaluations. CME, MOC, and Certificate of Attendance can be claimed through the CRF Events App or the CRF CME Portal.
Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the number of CME credits claimed for the activity. Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 27.5 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) MOC points.
Certificate of Attendance for Nurse and Technologist Symposium: The Cardiovascular Research Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
As a CME provider accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), CRF is committed to ensuring balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its sponsored programs. Commercial support from industry does not influence educational content, faculty selection, and/or faculty presentations, and therefore, does not compromise the scientific integrity of the educational activity.
The CRF independent reviewers are Donald E. Cutlip, MD; Grzegorz Kaluza, MD, PhD; Gary S. Mintz, MD.
- Donald Cutlip, MD — Nothing to Disclose
- Grzegorz L. Kaluza, MD, PhD — Grant Support/Research Contract: 4C Medical; Terumo Medical Corporation; Bristol-Myers Squibb; Edwards Lifesciences; Advanced NanoTechnologies; Adriakaim; Reflow Medical; Tenaya Therapeutics; Shape Memory Medical; Occlutech; Neochord; MicroInterventional Devices; Lungpacer; Inozyme; InnovHeart; HLT; Deinde Medical; Ancora Heart; Cardiac Implants; Dura Biotech; Soundbite Medical Solutions; Mitria; InQB8; Encore; Ethicon; R3 Vascular; Puzzle Medical; ReCardia; StrideBio; VivaSure; Magenta Medical; Siemens; Canon; Thubrikar Aortic Valve; Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.; Acotec Scientific; MIcrobot; Philips; Zoll; Cook Medical; Medtronic; Oncosec; ReValve Medical; Orchestra Biomed; MIcrotech; Motus GI; MIcroVention; Takeda Pharmaceuticals; Hydrocision; Encompass Technologies; Retriever Medical; Trisol Medical; IntraTech; Abbott
- Please complete the daily TCT session evaluations on the CRF Events App (available via the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store) or at the CRF CME Portal.
- Claim credit commensurate with the extent of your participation in the activity.
- After completing the evaluation summary, your Continuing Medical Education (CME) or Certificate of Attendance will be generated on the screen for you to save or print.
- Alternatively, by request, we can email your documentation to you. Please send your request to [email protected].
TCT 2023 is CME-accredited only for participants who attend in person.
How do I earn ABIM MOC points?
CRF offers American Board of Internal Medicine Maintenance of Certification for select sessions, designed within the ABIM framework. During sessions offering MOC points, you must actively participate and complete the short session evaluation.
Who can claim ABIM MOC points?
Any appropriately badged meeting registrant can attend MOC-accredited sessions, but only ABIM diplomates are eligible to claim MOC points.
How do I claim ABIM MOC points?
Claim your points in the CRF CME portal. First, complete the online evaluation form for each session. Then you will need to enter your ABIM diplomate number, birth date, and state license number. Your MOC points will be registered and transferred to ABIM. You can claim your ABIM MOC points only once for each eligible session.
After submission, when will I see my MOC points in my ABIM physician portal?
It may take up to 72 hours for your MOC points to be posted. Also check to be sure that you entered your correct diplomate number, birthdate, and state license number. Incorrect entries will create a significant delay in processing your points.